A Chrome extension which fetches the information from Moodle (LMS) version < 2.4 and displays it in one place.
On earlier version of Moodle, to get notified about any events such as content upload / assignment on Moodle, one option was email but that required configuration by Moodle’s webmaster, another option was to login to Moodle and see the latest notifications.
The extension behaves like a scraper, which periodically fetches the html and from that dom structure it figures out the notifications and displays it in one place.
Scroll down to see screenshots.
Version 2.4 onwards, the offical Moodle mobile app has this functionality.
Some of the features implemented are :
- One time configuration (where user provides info and preferences).
- Automatic fetching of all the courses the user is enrolled in.
- Periodically fetches updates every 12 hours(I will make it flexible later).
- Ability to select the courses for which one wants notifications.
- Ability to fetch notifications manually. Too lazy to write other things .